We are an investment company with an experienced team of professionals that has been working together for many years. Our partnership is based on meritocracy, where over 75% of partners’ remuneration is reinvested in our funds. We are transparent with our team, our investors and companies in which we invest.
- Since April 2013 – Founding partner of 3G Radar and Partner of 3G Capital.
- 2009 to 2013 – Founding partner and board member of Vinci Partners where he managed R$4.5 billion in Brazilian Equities.
- 2006 to 2009 – He was the Head of Latin America Equities at UBS Pactual, a member of its Executive Committee and of the Global Cash Equities Board of UBS.
- 1997 to 2006 – Mr. Campos was a Partner and Head of Equities of Banco Pactual where he joined the research department in 1997 and led over 100 Equity Offerings.
- Graduated in 1997 in Economics from the Wittenberg University having also studied Finance in the University of Sevilla (Spain) and Engineering in PUC-Rio.
Head of Research
- Since April 2013 – Founding partner of 3G Radar and Partner of 3G Capital.
- 2009 to 2013 – Mr. Batista was a Founding Partner and Board Member of Vinci Partners, where he was Head of Equity Research.
- 2006 to 2009 – He was Head of Brazil Equity Research at UBS Pactual.
- 1997 to 2006 – Mr. Batista was Partner of Banco Pactual where he joined in 1997 and obtained many research industry awards from leading surveys, including Institutional Investor, Latin Finance and Investidor Institucional in various sectors.
- Mr. Batista graduated in Industrial Engineering from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) in 1997.
- 2010 to 2013 – Worked at Vinci Partners as a Research Analyst covering Infrastructure and Real Estate companies in Brazil.
- 2007 to 2009 – Interned at Banco BBM in 2007, Alstom Transport in Lyon (France) in 2008 and BNP Paribas in Paris (France) in 2009.
- Mr. Bretas graduated in Industrial Engineering from INSA Lyon and PUC-Rio in 2010
- 2010 to 2014 – Mr. Montenegro worked at BTG Pactual as a sell-side analyst at the Healthcare and Education team. He worked in 4 follow-ons and 2 IPOs during this period. Also, Mr. Montenegro obtained research awards from Institutional Investor, including the best team at both sectors.
- 2009 to 2010 – Mr. Montenegro worked at Banco Brascan (part of the Brookfield group) as a sell-side analyst covering Mining and Steel.
- 2008 – He worked as an intern at the research team of Broadspan Capital, a Latin American M&A advisor focused on the middle-market.
- Mr. Montenegro graduated in Economics from PUC-Rio in 2009.
José Luiz Rolim
- 2009 to 2017 – Mr. Rolim worked at Vinci Partners as an analyst covering Consumer, Retail and Food & Beverage companies. In his latest role from 2013 to 2017, he was the portfolio manager responsible for the Long Only and Small Caps (since 2016) strategies.
- 2006 to 2009 – – Mr. Rolim worked at B2W as Marketing manager (B2W Viagens), and previously as IR manager.
- Mr. Rolim graduated in Economics from IBMEC-Rio in 2005.
- 2011 to 2013 – Mr. Grangeiro was the Head Trader of Vinci Equities with R$4.5 billion under management, being responsible for all trading activities such as stocks and derivatives execution and stock lending in 25 portfolios.
- 2007 to 2011 – He was the Head Trader of Fiducia Asset Management.
- Mr. Grangeiro graduated in Biomedical Mechanical Engineering from the University of Southern California (USC) in 2007.
COO, Risk & Compliance Manager
- 2011 to 2013 – Mr. Pereira worked at the Pricing Department of BNY Mellon, being responsible for the Derivatives area and the development of new pricing methodologies.
- 2010 to 2011 – He worked at the Technical Department of ANBIMA. He was responsible for developing quantitative models, specifically those related to the Brazilian Corporate Term Structure.
- Mr. Pereira obtained his masters degree in Economics from Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV) in 2009 and graduated in Applied Mathematics from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ/COPPEAD) in 2007.
- 2017 to 2019 – He was partner at StartSe and head of operations in China, responsible for organizing coverage and road shows focused on startups, listed companies and local funds.
- 2011 to 2019 – He was a reporter and columnist for Forbes USA, responsible for valuing the fortunes of ultra-high-net-worth individuals from Brazil.
- 2015 to 2017 – He founded the San Francisco Deltas, professional soccer team created as a startup in San Francisco (California). They were champions of the NASL (North American Soccer League) in their inaugural year.
- 2014 to 2015 – He was managing partner of Fort Lauderdale Strikers, professional soccer club in South Florida.
- 2008 to 2010 – He worked for Noble Group, in the agricultural commodities trading division. He joined the company as international trainee.
- He obtained his masters degree in Management with specialization in innovation from ESCP Europe (France) in 2012. He graduated in Business Administration from Farleigh Dickinson University in 2008. Author of the books Bi.lio.nár.ios and The Power of China.
- 2014 to 2016 – Worked as a Fixed Income Operations intern at JP Morgan Chase & Co based in São Paulo. Mr. Sodré was responsible for managing OTC and Clearinghouse Collateral requirements, as well as processing fixed income instruments. He also assumed a leading role in processing enhancement initiatives.
- Mr. Sodré graduated in International Relations from the University of São Paulo in 2016, having also studied Global Affairs at SciencesPo Paris in 2014.
Luís Carlos Franco
- 2014 – Internship at the QUILL (Queen’s University Ionic Liquid Laboratories – United Kingdom), working on computer analysis of ionic liquids and at the CenTACat (Centre for the Theory and Application of Catalysis – United Kingdom), developing catalytic reactions in liquid phase.
- Mr. Franco graduated in Chemical Engineering from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) in 2017.
Trader, Controller and Back Office
- 2014 to 2018 – Worked at BTG Pactual as a Fund Administration analyst, having joined different teams responsible for supporting external asset managers, Pricing and eventually BTG Pactual Asset Management’s back office.
- 2013 – Worked as a Wholesale Client Services intern at BNY Mellon, being responsible for the maintenance of the external distribution platform and for the prospection of new wholesale clients.
- 2012 – Worked as a Treasury and Control intern at Neoenergia, in which he was responsible for controlling the company’s portfolios.
- Mr. Dias graduated in Economics from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ).
- 2018 to 2020 – Worked as a Risk Desk intern at Brasil Plural and as an Equity Operations intern at Genial Investimentos.
- Mr. Katz graduated in Economics from PUC-Rio and Tel Aviv University in 2021.
- 2019-2022 – Founding partner, Portfolio Manager and Research Analyst of Larus, an independent investment company with core focus in Brazilian public equities.
- 2012-2019 – Equity Research at Vinci Partners responsible for the Real Estate, Commercial Properties, Transportation and Capital Goods sectors.
- 2011-2012 – Equity research at SulAmérica Asset Management, a US$5bn+ AUM in Brazilian Equities and Fixed Income.
- 2006-2011 – Equity research at Banco Fator, a US$1bn+ AUM equity asset manager focused in small caps. Responsible for Commodities, Transportation and Capital Goods sectors.
- Mr. Romi graduated in Business Administration from Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV) in 2008
- 2019 to 2022 – Founding partner, Portfolio Manager and Research Analyst of Larus, an independent investment company with core focus in Brazilian public equities.
- 2015 to 2019 – Equity Research at Vinci Partners, responsible for the Consumer, Food & Beverages, Agribusiness and Fuel Distribution sectors. Member of the public equities’ investment team responsible for managing R$4bn+ AUM in Brazilian listed companies.
- 2011 to 2015 – Sell-Side Equity Research analyst at BTG Pactual, member of the Food & Beverages and Agribusiness teams.
- 2009 to 2011 – Sell-Side Equity Research analyst at Itau BBA, member of the Consumer, Healthcare, Food & Beverages and Strategy teams.
- Mr. Grimaldi graduated with a B.E. in Civil Engineering from Escola Politécnica da Universidade de São Paulo in 2010.
- 2020 to 2022 – Partner and Research Analyst at Larus Gestora de Recursos covering utilities and transportation companies in Brazil
- 2017 to 2020 – Worked at Ártica Investimentos as M&A Analyst and Research Analyst
- 2015 a 2016 – Interned at Falconi Consultoria and Bain&Company
- Mr. Facury graduated in Mechanical-Aeronautical Engineering from Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (ITA) in 2017. Lucas is a CFA® Charterholder since July 2021.
- Mr. Faulhaber graduated in Economics from Pontífice Universidade Católica (PUC-Rio) in 2022.